Have you asked other business owners which payment processor they use? If so, you’ve probably heard someone mention Moneris. With nearly 40% of the market share in Canada across an array of businesses, you may already frequent our merchants on a daily basis!
There are a number of reasons why Moneris has become the go-to choice for Canadian businesses, from innovative security features to award-winning customer service. Below are five of the most popular reasons merchants choose Moneris!
Payment Processing Authority
Moneris is one of the largest payment processors in Canada, and a recognized authority in both payments and consumer spending trends. Our position as the market leader gives us access to insights on consumer spending activity and to publish data-backed findings such as our Quarterly Spend Reports, which discuss regional changes in spending behaviour. Moneris is also sought by media to comment on spending patterns during major activities, such as sporting and tourism events.
Security is an important part of any business, from knowing who is walking in the door to trusting that their payment card is in good standing. With consumers moving away from cash, secure payment processing is vital to keeping your business safe from fraud. Moneris places significant importance on our security system, and continues to advance protocols to mitigate potential risks. To ensure your business and customers’ data are protected right from the point-of-sale, our solutions feature:
- Industry-leading data encoding and end-to-end encryption during POS transactionsEMV-certified chip and contactless products.
- Compliance with global security practices, such as the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS).
- Device permissions and restrictions that protect you from fraudulent transactions.
- Code and application verification to prevent tampering.
At Moneris our customers are our top priority, which is why we’ve built a dedicated customer support team of over 300 employees. Ready when you need them, our team also takes the time to survey our merchants about the quality of service they receive, and will personally follow up with those who need extra care.
We also maintain a comprehensive online collection of resources, operating manuals, and troubleshooting guides to help you identify and fix issues with clear steps, so you’re always able to be payment ready.
Moneris understands the importance of a great partnership and how they work to benefit our merchants. We’ve established a range of partnerships to bring you the solutions and expertise your business needs, including:
- Apple - Our partnership allows us to equip your payment system with Apple products like our iPad POS solution, acceptance of Apple Pay, and the Moneris PAYD Pro being sold in Apple stores!
- TouchBistro - Our first choice for food service merchants, this full-service POS solution is the number one grossing food and drink app in 33 countries in the Apple App store – not to mention it operates seamlessly on our payment system.
- Shopify - This retail eCommerce expert offers an integrated POS solution on iPad that pairs with the Moneris iPP320 PIN Pad, giving retail merchants the flexibility to do business online and in-store.
- Sage - Our partnership with this accounting and payroll leader has produced a new integrated payment solution that accepts multiple payment types into any ERP (enterprise resource planning) or accounting program.
Installation and Field Services
Moneris makes it easy for you to have a payment processing solution installed with our Field Service Technicians to take care of your hardware and software installation. With technical and customer service experts across the country, our representatives can help you with end-to-end support no matter where you are. These services let you get back to what you do best, running your business.
Choosing Moneris means partnering with a provider that will bring value and peace of mind to your business with innovative bundled solutions, strict security measures, and always-on support. Contact us today to find out which solutions work best for your business.
®MONERIS, PAYD PRO, and MONERIS BE PAYMENT READY & Design are registered trade-marks of Moneris Solutions Corporation. APPLE, IPHONE, IPAD and APPLE PAY are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other marks or registered trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
The information in this article is provided solely for informational purposes and is not intended to be legal, business or other professional advice or an endorsement of any of the websites or services listed.