Canadians are buying more on the web, yet few businesses sell their goods and services online. The good news? It’s never been easier or more affordable to start your own online store.
It’s easy to see why customers love online shopping: it’s convenient, it’s accessible 24/7, and they can buy products that aren’t readily available where they live. People are also busier than ever – and if 10 p.m. on a Tuesday is the only time they can shop for a new toaster, they’re probably going to do it online.
More consumers than ever are spending their hard-earned dollars shopping online (in 2012, more than half of Canadian Internet users purchased goods or services online1), yet retailers have been slow to respond. Only 10 percent of Canadian businesses are selling online2, meaning the vast majority are missing an opportunity to reach customers across the country and beyond our borders, especially during the holiday season.
The upside is that launching an e-commerce site has never been easier or more cost effective. Merchants can gain a competitive advantage withMoneris’ E-Commerce Solutions, which include all the features you need to open an online store:
- Fast, secure online payment processing for credit and debit cards
- Acceptance of Visa® Debit and Debit MasterCard® gives online shopping access to the 46 percent of Canadians who prefer shopping with debit cards over credit cards3
- Payment page is hosted by Moneris – no sensitive information needs to be stored on your website
- Easy-to-use, time-saving management tools, such as simplified invoicing and batch transaction processing
- Security, fraud and risk tools provide robust protection for you and your customers
1 Statistics Canada, via Canadian Digital Media Network: http://www.cdmn.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/dq131028a-eng.pdf, 2012
2 BDC.ca: http://www.bdc.ca/EN/small_business_week/Pages/e-commerce_revolution.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=sbw2013
3 Nilson Report
® MONERIS, MONERIS & Design, and MONERIS SOLUTIONS & Design are registered trade-marks of Moneris Solutions Corporation (Moneris). VISA is a registered trade-mark of Visa International. MASTERCARD is a registered trade-mark of MasterCard International Incorporated. All other marks or registered trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.